Powered by Blogger.

the weekend.

On the weekends I am up at 5am. 
I can't help it. 
Sleeping in...doesn't come natural to me. I wish it did.

I blame the years of working as a barista where 5am shifts were my life. 
The days where Americano's and morning machiatos were my only friends before the hours of 10am. 

Naps....those are what I crave. 
Yet, even those are seldom. 
My body was made for early mornings. 
The mere moments of...quiet. 
The moments where I can sit, write and drink coffee.
The ones when not a sound is made, not a word spoken. 
Complete and utter silence. 
I live for those moments. 

The weekend mornings... are just mine. 
Mornings made up of early runs, messy bun, no makeup and yoga pants.
~
Weekend afternoons and evening are made for a little more....
Fresh flowers, trips to the farmers market, laundry, the start of a new book, nights out, my loves, eyeliner, pink lipstick and high heels.  
 

2 comments

  1. i spy a la boulange cup :)

    i love the morning too... i get so much more work done and i love being up and about before the hussle and bustle starts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love waking up early too. I like that I feel that I can get so much done before my family wakes up and how by 10 I can still think, "Wow! I still have my whole day!" Also, the quiet is bliss!

    ReplyDelete