Powered by Blogger.

I love you, San Francisco.


This pretty girl is my sister, Angelique.
She's 19.
She is gorgeous inside and out.
She just moved to the city recently.
She's an undergraduate, a photographer, an individual and a world changer.

What brought you to San Francisco?
God brought me here! God called me to move to the city last February to start a church called Canvas(canvas-sf.com). My parents are true San Franciscans (yes, the rare "born and raised" kind), and my heart always yearned to move here, but when God actually told me to "go and make disciples" I was more excited about coming to the city than ever before and I knew then why my heart was so fond of SF. I'm so happy to be here!

What do you love most about San Francisco?
I love the culture here. The walking, the decedent foods, the artistic and soulful coffee/tea houses, the music that surrounds you everywhere (on the streets, in the subway stations, in restaurants and coffeshops, etc.) I love it all. Once you come to SF you never want to be anywhere else, it's home to me.

What is your favorite spot in San Francisco?
Ooo, this is a toughie... I would have to say the view from the top of Dolores Park. It takes my breath away. You can see the whole city in all its glory. I know you can't view the bridge, or the water, or whatever, but I can see the city I love lit up and smiling back at me. It's an experience.

What is your favorite coffee/tea house in San Francisco?
That is SO hard, but as far as latte's go I love Sight Glass. As far as coffee goes, I love Blue Bottle. And as far as tea goes... I love the Grove. (sorry I didn't exactly choose one...)

What is a typical day in San Francisco like for you?
On a week day I head out and catch the M train to San Francisco State University, where I am getting my Undergrad. I commute back to the heart of the city to a local shop and grab a tea (I'm fasting coffee right now for another 7 months or so.) and buckle down on my homework.
On a weekend I catch the subway to the Castro where I work and once I get off I typically head a view blocks East to the Mission and grab some dinner with friends and some coffee and a live music show after.

Favorite place for brunch in San Francisco?
Definitely Brenda's. It's a French soul food restaurant in the Tenderloin district of SF and oh my goodness, their shrimp and grits it so die for. I definitely rank Brenda's one of the top 10 restaurants in the city.

How does San Francisco influence or inspire you as a person?
It influences me to be a person who never runs dry of ideas, as a photographer I am always in a need of a new vision and new plot for how to portray my artwork and SF gives me the material I need to let my artistry run wild. As for me as a person, this city inspires me to discover new cultures and new ways of life and to truly be accepting and loving of every person.

Favorite San Francisco memory?
Walking through the Tenderloin district (the most impoverish, substance abuse infested district) with my father as a little girl. Growing up, I was never sheltered from the evils of this world and getting to see such pain at such a young age definitely shaped me as an individual. Walking through the Tenderloin is truly one of the most humbling experiences to see people enslaved to drugs, alcohol, poverty, etc. and realize just how beautiful your life is. I have been empowered and inspired in my life to help the people in the Tenderloin through my church, Canvas. (canvas-sf.com)

In three words describe San Francisco.
Live Laugh Love..... Ha ha ha ha, I'm totally kidding. I'd have to say "Beautifully, Wonderfully Made"



Post a Comment